Looks very promising. It is a great, much needed subject area. And a huge task
as well.

I personally like chapter 7 as introduction, a lot, in terms of conceptual
approach. If it were me, I would put it first (but the current intro reflects
that already a bit, so I am not sure).

Also, personally I like to introduce syntax in a less complex/intimidating way,
skipping some of the weird/special parts, those could go in a later 'advanced
syntax' part, to stress how simple the basic/most used syntax actually is.

That are the only parts I read, up to now ...