Hi Christophe,

> On 18 Jan 2017, at 09:30, Christophe Demarey <christophe.dema...@inria.fr>
> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that STON encoding of forward slashes changed.
>
> STON toString: 'g...@github.com:foo/bar.git’ =>
> ''g...@github.com:foo\/bar.git’'
>
> It used to be ''g...@github.com:foo/bar.git’’.
>
> Is it on purpose?
>
> Thanks,
> Christophe

Yes, it was 'changed' in

Name: STON-Core-SvenVanCaekenberghe.78
Author: SvenVanCaekenberghe
Time: 20 November 2016, 7:48:23.799323 pm
UUID: ee198da8-80e8-4944-ba9b-dffae331c57c
Ancestors: STON-Core-SvenVanCaekenberghe.77

with as comment

Fix the encoding of forward slash ($/). This was already in the (external)
documentation.

In other words, it was an implementation error (omission). Note that JSON also
has this escape.

Now, in retrospect, the question is 'should all possible escapes be done when
writing ?', especially for $/ this is a maybe a bit too much, the same for tab.
For the other named escapes, the case is clearer: they are either necessary $"
and $\ or they make things clearer and less error prone, $b, $n, $f and $r.

There is already the #asciiOnly option that decides whether non-ASCII Unicode
characters are encoded with \uHHHH or not.

I guess you are human editing STON config files, right ?

Sven