Hello,

I've just started using Pharo again after a few years absence. It is
becoming a very nice environment.

I completely agree with Sanjay that visibility of inherited methods and
protocols is vital for several reasons:

 * The interface of the class I am editing includes all of its inherited
methods.
 * If i want to over-ride a method, I would like to start from its source
code.
 * I need to see the exact list of superclass protocols, so I can create a
new method in the correct one.

>From memory, when you edited an inherited method in dolphin, it asked you if
you wanted to save it in the currently implementing class, or the currently
browsed class.

An information field near the the source source pane is sufficient to
indicate the signature of the method selected like:
MyClass class >> #myMethod. It isn't necessary to crowd the method selector
list with class names. Greying-out the inherited methods worked as an
indicator.

You also need the ability to view inherited methods up-to but not including
a superclass - so that you can filter out methods of little contextual
interest. Filtering out methods form Object would be an example default.

>From memory IBM Smalltalk allowed similar visibility - but that's a long
time ago for me...

Dolphin Smalltalk has a very beautiful browser system. It is most definitely
worth exploring.

Cheers,
--Peter Goodall