Hi,

regarding the problem Sven mentioned on
http://lists.pharo.org/pipermail/pharo-users_lists.pharo.org/2017-February/030542.html

here are my findings:

When I use latest Pharo 6 (Image 60404) and run

  Metacello new
     smalltalkhubUser: 'Seaside' project: 'MetacelloConfigurations';
     configuration: 'Seaside3';
     version: #'release3.2';
     load

it loads the latest release 3.2 (which internally loads 3.2.1).  The package is
"ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.323.mcz"

This loads fine in Pharo 6 except that after installation the "Tools" ->
"Seaside control panel" is not working anymore as
"NewListModel" is not found anymore. So the control panel is broken. Dont know
what the migration path is for UI's
who used the removed "NewListModel" class.

So yes - one can (by using the above script) use Seaside but currently has to
start the server with a script
until this is fixed. This is good to know - but does not solve the "loading
from catalog" issue.

So (in a fresh image 60404) I loaded "Bootstrap" from catalog and I received
the error Sven reported.

But ConfigurationOfBootstrap itself is not the problem I guess. Because it is
also only referencing the
"release3.2" version of Seaside and also
"ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.323.mcz" is loaded.

The Transcript shows the following error output:

  Loaded -> ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.323 ---
http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/ ---
  http://smalltalkhub.com/mc/Seaside/MetacelloConfigurations/main/Error: Name
not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development

Also when you try to open the ConfigurationOfSeaside3 using Versionner I
receiver an error "Name not found: Seaside-Pharo-Development".

So there must be something wrong with the Seaside config I thought - or (what
would be worse) with the newer Metacello
version included in Pharo 6. At least the config looks OK and in both
situations "ConfigurationOfSeaside3-JohanBrichau.323" is used.

Additionally I tried:

 - when I load the Bootstrap config in a fresh Pharo 5.0 image (50769) from
Catalog all loads fine.
 - when I manipulate the Pharo 6 image to have a version 5 signature
       SystemVersion newVersion: 'Pharo5.0'. SystemVersion  current inspect.
   and load from catalog afterwards it also does not work. So I guess a Pharo
5.x specific config rule could not be the cause.

Now I checked how Catalog loads the configs. And in class CatalogProject you
will notice that for the catalog we still use Gofer for loading

   installStableVersion
        Gofer it
                url: self repositoryUrl;
                configurationOf: self name;
                loadStable

when I change it to Metacello API

    installStableVersion
          Metacello new
                repository: self repositoryUrl, '/',self name;
                configuration: self name;
                version: #'stable';
                load

what a surprise: anything loads fine. I still wonder and do not know about the
difference why Gofer and Metacello loading in Pharo 6
makes a difference now.

So we could fix it for the catalog ... still I have no glue about the
Gofer/Metacello API difference ...

https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/19736/Catalog-should-use-Metacello-API-instead-of-Gofer-for-Configuration-installation

Thanks
T.