Is this based on Peter's work? Also:

"anXMLElement name xmlPrefixBeforeLocalName" -> "anXMLElement prefix"
"anXMLElement elements collect:" -> "anXMLElement elementsCollect:"

"^self fromXMLElement: (XMLDOMParser parse: aStringOrStream usingNamespaces:
false) root"...why are you disabling namespaces? If it's for performance, also
look at #optimizeForLargeDocuments. In fact it would good to browse the entire
"configuring" category of XMLDOMParser and its superclass to see what you need.