Hi sergio

Hey all..

I got my first paying gig that i am able to use pharo with, and i am on the last leg before calling it complete.

super!
I'm really happy for you.
just this makes pharo and all our effort worth it.

Here’s what I need to do..

This application accepts SMS text messages. It allows the user to send images via MMS and place an order to a print house for those images.. it then compiles the order, and >submits it to the order processing system and makes the prints.

The last thing I need to zero in on is handling the interaction. Believe it or not, I have never modeled such an interaction. The interaction goes:

- user sends images{s)
- bot says ‘thanks’ and asks if there are more
- user types ‘done’ or sends more
- on ‘done’ bot asks for print size
- bot says ‘thanks’ and the interaction is done. order is processed.

my first inclination is to use a state machine, progressing through order each time the user enters ‘done’..

does this sound reasonable,

Yes it seems.

After you could also have a queue of command.

or is there a better model/design pattern for this interaction?

You can look at the state pattern. It is good for implementing state machine.

Stef

Thanks!

----
peace,
sergio
photographer, journalist, visionary

Public Key: http://bit.ly/29z9fG0
#BitMessage BM-NBaswViL21xqgg9STRJjaJaUoyiNe2dV
http://www.Village-Buzz.com
http://www.ThoseOptimizeGuys.com
http://www.coffee-black.com
http://www.painlessfrugality.com