> On 16 Apr 2017, at 10:36, Dimitris Chloupis <kilon.al...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey guys , I play with PostgreSQL and I really like it, sorry Esteban :D
>
> I am using Python for it but I would like to give access also to Pharo to my
> database. I was informed that Garage has a driver for PostgreSQL , is there
> any other candidate ? Any advice ?

There are basically just two drivers: the trusted V2 driver which is using the
traditional ASCII PostgreSQL protocol and the newer V3 driver which is using
the binary PostgreSQL protocol. That last one might be a bit less supported by
higher level packages, while the former has been around forever.

These drivers are pretty low level.

If you want higher level access, there is of course Glorp, a very good OO-RDBMS
mapper.

For a short intro, you could read the following article:

https://medium.com/concerning-pharo/reddit-st-in-10-cool-pharo-classes-1b5327ca0740

Sven