> On 18 Apr 2017, at 16:49, Esteban A. Maringolo <emaring...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> All current PostgreSQL drivers are 100% written in Smalltalk, I
> haven't used the V3 version (binary), but the V2 is more than good
> enough even for production systems.
>
> Writing a new driver using the libpq shared library might be a fun
> project, but a lot of work; maybe it will be more fun adding the
> SSL/TLS to the current Smalltalk implementation :)

That is probably not so difficult.

For inspiration, take a look at ZdcSecurePOP3Client and ZdcSecureSMTPClient,
which are both SSL variants of their respective superclasses. Once set up, an
SSL stream acts the same as a normal socket stream. Methods to look at are
#setupStreamForSSL or #setupStreamForStartTLS.