But AFAIK what Tobias did was just to render per pixel essentially scaling all
UI 4 times. While the VM should be able to render per pixel, there should be
some abstraction that converts generic “points” if the normal UI to pixels used
for rendering. So we can have the same UI as we had without doing any changes,
but something should know that each point on the retina devices consists of 4
pixels, while on other devices it consists of 1 pixel. This was done at some
iteration of Block, maybe it can be done in a different way.

Uko

P.S. yes, I know that you can increase the font to mitigate the scaled down UI,
but everything else (icons, margins, …) will stay the same size. And this is
the point of abstract points, to separate the concerns of UI modeling from
rendering.