>> On 27 Jun 2017, at 21:00, Esteban A. Maringolo <emaring...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> It would be good to know how fast does the image boot and start
>> execution in the context of a service billed at the sub second scale.
>
> Sadly I have the impression we lost some speed:

[SNIP]

> But it is really hard to find the cause.
>
> That being said, these lambda servers can only work well if they keep
> instances alive for longer when there is enough traffic.

AFAIU the purpose of AWS Lambda is to have "fire and forget" kind of
functions, mainly stateless consumers of single purpose functions,
with "infinite" transparent scalability.

Like for processing ads clicks/impressions, receiving data from lots
of mobile/IoT devices, etc.

Regards,

Esteban A. Maringolo