I'm also interested in this topic. I've built some small tools but a bit
troubled with the installation size. I'd like to reduce it, but still be
able to go in and debug when there's problem and to restore a set of
packages/classes to add back a removed feature if I later found I need it.

I recently started to look at Dr.Geo to learn how to develop and deploy a
Pharo based application. So, I'm thankful to Hilaire for bringing this
topic up and I'm looking forward to learn from Dr. Geo and from the outcome
of this topic.