Hi,

I did a refactoring in Moose in order to use the encoding detector
that Sven did some weeks ago while reading a file.

With the latest stable version of ZincHTTPComponent, I can get the
encoding like this:

fileReference binaryReadStreamDo: [ :in | (ZnCharacterEncoder
detectEncoding: in upToEnd) ]

Since we need to read the files a lot, I save the identifier of the
encoder using the #identifier method. Then when I read I just want to
get the TextConverter corresponding to the encoder in order to read
the stream.

The problem is that in the case of a file encoded in ISO-8859-1, my
instance of ZnSimplifiedByteEncoder return 'iso88591' as identifier
and Latin1TextConverter does not have this encoding name in its
possibilities. Only 'iso-8859-1'.

Should we add 'iso88591' to the Latin1TextConverter? If yes, could we
backport this to Pharo 6 please?

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr