Actually this reminds me of a similar problem I’ve seen on my MacBook Pro
(retina) - if I stretch the desktop to try and use the full space of the screen
(not maximising it) I have on occasion frozen  - however its not actually
frozen it seems that drawing on screen has stopped, and if I resize the window
a bit smaller drawing restarts and is fine. It seems to be when I try and drag
the pharo desktop down to cover the last 5 or so pixels at the bottom.

Might be something totally different, but I mention it in case it rings any
bells.

Tim