On 26-08-17 18:38, Thierry Goubier wrote:

For me, it has the same effect: the editor isn't in a single place anymore. You may consider it doesn't matter; IMHO it does matter (and it makes for me the Newspeak editor slightly less efficient; the same that the Smalltalk system browser seemed more effective than the Self in-place method edit, for having used both).

A concrete problem with the Newspeak editor/browser is the invisibility of multiple open edits when editing a large class. There might be changes scrolled away. What it misses is an efficient way of looking only at the open edits. That could be achieved by having a view collapsing all non-edited code.

Stephan