Thank you for sharing, Peter.

Good that you 'rediscovered' Smalltalk!

Most interesting point of what you write

<citation>
Ruby-on-Rails, of course, has built-in generators that can create data
models, controllers, views, etc. And there are also more sophisticated
application generators such as Yeoman.

These generators are based on templates and are great as far as they go.

Where my Smalltalk approach is different is the level of abstraction.
The Smalltalk models are not bound to any particular target language
and could just as easily be used to generate PHP Laravel, NodeJS, or
Java applications.
</citation>

This is similar to a Pillar document object model.
A object model (an app or a document) may be inspected in the  dynamic
Smalltalk environment and rendered in different ways.

Regards
Hannes