Moin,

the port is almost done. Then I will add documentation and publish the code
under MIT licence.

Including the code used to port the library from VW to Gemstone using a novel
approach.

The heard of the “PDF engine” is the type system which allows the assignment of
Smalltalk classes to raw PDF objects.

In the new version, the PDF types are decoupled from the Smalltalk classes, so
that classes can be renamed freely (i.e. adding prefixes).

I think that porting the new version to Pharo (and VA and …) has gotten much
easier.

I hope that someone would take the challenge :).

Cheers,

                Christian