On 10/5/17, Holger Freyther <hol...@freyther.de> wrote:

> Hi!
>

> for a brief moment you really scared me. I thought you referred to RedHat
> Linux 6 which was released in 1999 but you are referring to Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
>
> As it turns out we have "latest" (as soon as a commit is made to
> pharo-vm.git) and hand curated "stable" (hand created source tarballs,
> rebuilt from a git commit of opensmalltalk-vm) for RHEL6 and CentOS 6.
>
> CentOS 6.x:
>
> # Add the repo
> $ yum-config-manager --add-repo
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/pharo:/latest/CentOS_6/devel:languages:pharo:latest.repo
>
> OR (for stable):
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/pharo:/latest/CentOS_6/devel:languages:pharo:stable.repo
>
> # Install 32bit packages (with X11 dependency for *-ui or not)
>
> $ yum install pharo6-32-ui.i686 or pharo6-32.i386
>
> # Install 64bit packages
>
> $ yum install pharo6-64-ui.x86_64 pharo6-64.x86_64

Thank you.

Your instructions describes the steps for CentOS 6.x. Are they the
exact same steps for RHEL6?

Also, I am trying this on a CentOS 6.0 virtual machine and I get this error :

[centoslive@livecd test]$ yum-config-manager --add-repo
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/languages:/pharo:/latest/CentOS_6/devel:languages:pharo:latest.repo
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, refresh-packagekit
Usage: "yum-config-manager [options] [section]

Command line error: no such option: --add-repo
[centoslive@livecd test]$

Is there something else to install before?

--
Cyril Ferlicot
https://ferlicot.fr

http://www.synectique.eu