Ben Coman wrote:
Nice article. I like the way you've structured it and pushed the
"updated" angle.

I feel a bit too strong a claim is laid on Pharo producing the CogVM.
Much of the Cog + Spur + 64bit VM work was originally done for Squeak
with Pharo riding the coat-tails of that work.  Lately Pharo community
has been involved in improving VM with hotspot optimisation with Sista
and moving towards making Pharo embeddable.. (@Clement, is "hotspot

Hi, this made me curious. I always had the problem with Amber (and, all the rest of Smalltalks in similar vein) that it is hard to use to one-off scripting, as it presumes existence of the not really small class library (objects, classes, collections, etc.). This disadvantaged it IMO in the field of "can I just embed it here and script it with a few lines?" scenarios.

Did you (the Pharo community that is "moving towards making Pharo embeddable") find some way to work this around?

cheers -ben

Herby