Herby,

> On 13 Oct 2017, at 14:37, Herby Vojčík <he...@mailbox.sk> wrote:
>
> Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:
>>
>>> On 12 Oct 2017, at 15:58, Herby Vojčík<he...@mailbox.sk>  wrote:
>>>
>>> There are a few fixes out there for Zinc, not to mention convenience like
>>> ZnEntity class>>  json:. Don't you consider releasing the new version (as I
>>> tried to update it by hand, it is not that easy, it has more components, to
>>> load HTTP I had to update Character-Encoding as well, so probably better if
>>> bumped as a group)?
>>>
>>> Herby
>>
>> That's what configurations are for, to track the latest development release
>> in a consistent way. You just do
>>
>>   ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents project bleedingEdge load.
>>
>> Provided you loaded a recent configuration.
>
> I'm nort sure I want the bleeding edge loaded, albeit for recent
> configuration, for the production code (thought not mission criticial about
> lives or millions of $$$). Also I don't know if configurations are updated
> after each change out there (it must be done by hand I presume). So I was
> asking if there isn't a time to release another stable one.
>
> If not, and I still want not the true bleeding edge, but a "it works for me"
> snapshot in time, to load specific version of ConfigurationOf... and the
> issue ... project bleedingEdge load? Will it load only those version that
> were bleedingEdge at that time?
>
>> See the class comment of ConfigurationOfZincHTTPComponents for more info.
>>
>> Sven

There are only two branches/versions: the latest development branch
(bleedingEdge, 'head', just all the latest versions of all packages) and
specific released versions (that get an id that you can refer to). Doing a
release is a manual process that comes down to fixing the bleedingEdge at a
moment when I feel it is stable enough.

There are no versions in between releases that you can refer to.

AFAIK this is how most Pharo projects work, it is how I work in all my projects.

Sven