Thank you Stef
I'll wait and use Pharo 5.0 (on Mac and Windows) until this problem is
solved. No problem,
with Seaside and Postgress db installed in the 5.0 image, it provides all I
need.
I will also do this on my MacMini, because it still hangs when switching to
and fro full screen,
as described previously described in a similar topic on this forum.
(wiped the complete 6.1 from my mac system and reinstalled it,
hoping the problem was solved... to no avail..
[
btw,
Why on Earth is Pharo "becoming ensnared" :o) in Github,
I thought Monticello mcz is perfect equivalent for this?

But maybe I am asking such a stupid question like this because
I am a solo developer, using virtually no 3rd party software and
saving a version of the complete image/source each time I've made
significant changes.
(to me Github appears as unnecessary overhead and confusion)
]

Kind Regards
Ted

btw, i am 67 and retired (they tell me) , would Perpignan be a
nice place to live, as an active IT pensionado?
considering moving South end 2018 if money permits..