On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 04:58:39PM +0100, Cyril Ferlicot D. wrote:
> On 12/27/2017 04:39 PM, Andrei Stebakov wrote:
> > When I run Pharo 6.1 with -- headless option on Windows, it executes the
> > eval command as expected but during the execution (which lasts 4 sec) it
> > opens the Pharo GUI.
> > Is it expected? I thought headless means that the whole execution would
> > happen in the background
>
> I think that currently Pharo does not have a "real" headless. But I
> heard there was work on that part for Pharo 7.

I know OP is talking about Windows...  I've been running server applications on
Linux without X11 with -vm-display-null and in-image RFBServer for access to
Pharo over VNC. This works very well for me.

I believe "real" headless means GUI is not run at all and therefore does not
consume CPU cycles, which is very welcome. Meanwhile, maybe -vm-display-null
works on Windows for scripting purposes?

Pierce