On January 28, 2018 9:54:44 PM GMT+01:00, Dale Henrichs
<dale.henri...@gemtalksystems.com> wrote:
>Herby,
>
>Right now there is "no portable way" to specify arbitrary hosts in a
>Metacello spec ... but Esteban and I will be talking about this on
>Monday ... Thierry Goubier seems to have a nice scheme for gitfiletree

I already early-adopted tonel, so... (Btw, make it easier to set tonel to new
repo / first src commit, now it's so arcane I tried maybe six times to actually
get there correctly; I always ended with filtree or only half-baked tonel
without .properties)

>and I think that iceberg might support additional urls and schemes...

Npm uses git+https IIRC, scp is also used, it would be also nice if
usr@host:path gets parsed.

Thanks again, plus I hope it will be backported to 6.1.

>Dale

Herby