@Phil: Maybe because I wrote the package back when I was on "Vista" and you
should not
       use on Linux ;)

To be serious: Yes - changing the cursor in Linux never worked (for me). And
the windows
               VM had large cursor introduced as "experimental" in 2009:

http://forum.world.st/squeak-dev-New-Window-VM-Closures-FT2Plugin-Large-Cursors-td81092.html

Agree that more parts should be moved to image, especially window and key event
related things. But this
is on the list since years - so the basic question is more if Estebans has the
time to work on it.

Bye
T.