--- Begin Message ---
On a side note, being a long-time VW & VAST user, I've always felt the Image
Stripper & Runtime Packager did a fairly good job at removing crap from the
resulting image.
I don't recall ready anything substantial comparing the Pharo way
(bootstrapping from a minimal image and adding stuff) to the VW & VAST way
(removing unreferenced stuff) but this would definitely be an interesting topic
to read about.

-----------------
Benoît St-Jean
Yahoo! Messenger: bstjean
Twitter: @BenLeChialeux
Pinterest: benoitstjean
Instagram: Chef_Benito
IRC: lamneth
Blogue: endormitoire.wordpress.com
"A standpoint is an intellectual horizon of radius zero".  (A. Einstein)

    On Saturday, March 3, 2018, 9:22:06 AM EST, Hilaire <hila...@drgeo.eu>
wrote:

 Le 02/03/2018 à 22:52, Marcus Denker a écrit :

> we should again do some analysis where space is going… the Pharo7 download
> is now 38MB (the image, decompressed).

Situation improved :) Remember P3 was just above 20 MB

--- End Message ---