Guille - just following up on this thread as I’d like to get more confident
with this stuff.

You mentioned a Calypso plugin for versions - where is that? I loaded a
recentish P7 image and I don’t see those icons? Is this something I can easily
load to try out?

As I don’t have that plugin, I’ve followed up on your next suggestion (just to
learn how to do this) about looking up a commit having used the command line
git history to list all of my deleted classes (I think this might be a useful
thing to add to Iceberg BTW).

Not sure how to get a repository but I cobbled together the following?

(IceLibgitRepository registry detect: [ :r | r name beginsWith: 'Prismic' ])
lookupCommit: '65363ad’.

This give me an IceGitCommit - but then what can I easily do with this to try
and iterate over deleted classes to try and get the one I’ve identified back?

Failing all of this - I went back to the command line again (which should work)
- and I’m really wondering if we do something weird with files or paths when
checking in?

Having got a valid commitID (I used: git log --diff-filter=D --summary
—pretty="format:%cd|%h|%cn%n%s%n” )

if I simply run the following (with the id and pathname taken from the output
of my previous command

git checkout 65363ad src/PrismicDemo/PrismicBlock.class.st
<http://prismicblock.class.st/>

I keep getting an error : error: pathspec
‘src/PrismicDemo/PrismicBlock.class.st <http://prismicblock.class.st/>' did not
match any file(s) known to git.

Are you able to confirm if you can restore a deleted class from a commit? I’ve
tried it on 2 different OSX machines and neither of them works - making me
think we do something odd.

Tim