Hi,

I'm starting to familiarize myself with new streams, and one thing I've
noticed is the removal of #lineEndConvention (which I use all the time).

So a statement like this

aFile writeStreamDo: [ :stream |
stream lineEndConvention: #lf.
stream << '...'
].

has to be written like so

aFile writeStreamDo: [ :rawStream | |stream|
stream := (ZnNewLineWriterStream on: rawStream) forLf.
stream << '...'
].

which feels very messy because I am mixing writing with the configuration.
And I don't even take account for buffered/encoded decorators. Plus it
increases the incidental complexity -- I need another variable, and I can
accidentally write to the wrong stream, etc.

Would a method like #writeStream:do: (or #writeStreamTransform:do:) make
sense? E.g.

aFile writeStreamTransform: [ :stream | (ZnNewLineWriterStream on: stream)
] do: [ :stream |
stream << '...'
]

To separate the composition from the usage?

Thanks,
Peter