Thank you both, this is exactly what I was looking for!

But I ran into an issue (maybe this is Windows (10) specific):

once I open the window, the original Pharo window is no longer responsive.
It is not frozen, I can see a cursor blinking in the playground, but
clicking anywhere or pressing any key doesn't do anything.
This behavior persists even after I close the new window.
Only when I press ctrl (without anything else) the content of the
playground gets executed again, but that's it.

I will try tomorrow on a different machine.

Peter