El lun., 30 jul. 2018 a las 11:03, Sean P. DeNigris
(<s...@clipperadams.com>) escribió:

> Peter Uhnák wrote
> > is there some library or approach how to do transactions… directly in
> > memory on Pharo
> > objects
>
> Magritte? It uses the Memento pattern to verify all changes before
> committing to real object.

But you need Magritte, and define descriptions, and references, and
access the objects via Magritte Accessors, etc.
I think that works for an UI of a somehow limited form, but not as a
general purpose (as I guess Peter is looking for).

Also for forms, but without metadata, Dolphin used a "BufferedModel"
object, which means that if you have an MVP/MVC, instead of using your
original model, you work on this "buffer", which internally has the
original and a copy, and all messages are sent to the copy and once
you "apply" the changes they are applied back to the original model,
and if you don't apply, the copy is discarded and the original model
left unmodified.

But again, I guess Peter is looking for something else.

Regards!