Hi,

I do not have an easy answer for you.
No, you don’t need to install ssh-agent.
But then, I do not understand why you can’t connect, since others have not
reported this problem, I just can guess: is your key password protected?
Has you provided it?

Also, password protected keys has had problems in the past, I would suggest to
use one that does not have.

Esteban