From: Guillermo Polito <guillermopol...@gmail.com>
Sent: dinsdag 13 november 2018 16:46
To: Any question about pharo is welcome <pharo-users@lists.pharo.org>
Subject: Re: [Pharo-users] problem when running without changes file (on
windows)

Still, in Pharo6 the absense of changes and sources files means also that FFI
calls cannot be done.
UFFI uses the method source code to map arguments, and if no source code is
available, FFI calls cannot be resolved.

This is solved in Pharo7 thanks to Vincent Blondeau by embedding argument names
into the method (and thus not requiring source code anymore).

If you need it, you can take the FFICompilerPlugin class +
(RBMethodNode>>ensureCachedArgumentNames) from Pharo7 and try to backport them
on your Pharo6 installation.

On Tue, Nov 13, 2018 at 4:29 PM Sven Van Caekenberghe
<s...@stfx.eu<mailto:s...@stfx.eu>> wrote:
Hi Hans,

Did you see (read the class comment) of NoPharoFilesOpener and NoChangesLog ?

Sven

--

   [https://www.cristal.univ-lille.fr/videos/presentation.jpg]
[https://intranet.cnrs.fr/Cnrs_pratique/communiquer/guides/PublishingImages/CNRS-filaire-Bichro-CMJN.jpg]