Hello,

Thank you Sean :)

>> So is it possible to define such constraints ?
>
> IIUC you could use #onConflict: and be more specific in the block as to
> allow only the specific case you mentioned, but I think the more common
> approach is to use the Metacello API to "lock" NeoJSON to the version you
> want. I don't have an image handy, but search either the Pharo or Metacello
> MLs for "API lock" or something

Yep. This is what I try to do right now.

I think my « mistake » was to see BaselineOf as a Metacello script…

I’m getting (slowly) a better understanding of all that.

I put a halt in the onConglict but couldn’t get what I want….

> cedreek wrote
>> Still, not sure, of the meaning of #useIncoming (#allow #disallow).
>
> Browse MetacelloResolveProjectUpgrade. There are several synonyms for the
> same action. IIRC #allow et all means continue to load replacing the
> currently loaded version, #disallow means use the version already loaded.

Yes but still, if I understand correctly, it will depend on my load order.

I was looking for something like #useNewestVersion  (but this might not be
possible with DVCS anyway…)

So maybe #useLatestFromOfficialRepo

I hope you see what I mean :)
I might declare what I consider as official repo (like GitHub/svenvc,
pharo-extra/polymath, etc…).

Anyway, I will try to do it with available possibilities so don’t worry about
that. Just trying to express my need and use case. Hope it makes sense a bit.

Once I’ve s baseline working (or a Metacello script), next action is to do a
Jenkins CI job. Any doc/pointers on that ?

> cedreek wrote
>> 2) is it possible to launch such Metacello installation from Iceberg ?
>
> I don't see why you couldn't put the API lock into a preloadDoit in your
> baseline

I need to learn more this preloadDoIt.

> A context shift is definitely required to get a handle on this, but after
> the initial investment, it's pretty straightforward. There are a few
> concepts applied repeatedly in most common cases. Hang in there!

Yes I think so too…  Anyway, I’m not at all criticising Iceberg/Metacello, I
really find these tools excellent and a huge improvement :) really cool to see
all these GitHub account and smalltalk code.

So I continue to learn :)

To give an idea of what I want, see the joined pic (and I tried to restrain
myself not loading too many cool packages ^_^).

I also decided to create baseline subclasses to manage windows and unixes
distributions.

Cheers,

Cédrick