On Sat, Nov 17, 2018 at 05:38:28PM -0500, Richard Kenneth Eng wrote:
> I have a most peculiar problem. I've been using Pierce Ng’s PasswordCrypt
> <http://www.samadhiweb.com/blog/2017.02.18.shacrypt.html> encryption
> package with Pharo 5. Now that I'm using Pharo 6, it doesn't seem to work
> anymore. The ffiCall:module: message always gives me "External module
> not found".

I use the library myself on 32-bit Pharo 6, so it works, for me at least.

For custom so/dll files such as this library or my custom-built SQLite
library, my practice is to place them into the VM directory where
the Pharo executable and all its bundled so/dll files are. Then I run
following script to start Pharo:

  #!/bin/sh
  PHAROVMPATH=$(dirname `readlink -f "$0"`)
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PHAROVMPATH" exec "$PHAROVMPATH/pharo" $@ &

Pierce