Manuel Leuenberger wrote
> Hi,
>
> I am looking into the RB pattern language for refactoring and I am having
> trouble matching and replacing non-trivial pattern. Given the following
> excerpt, I want to match "b shape
> <rest>
> ." and replace it with "b shape: [ :x | x
> <rest>
>  ]"
>
>       b shape circle
>               size: 15;
>               color: (Color veryLightGray alpha: 0.4);
>               if: [ :value | toBeRed includes: value ] fillColor: Color red.
>
> How can I do this? I tried using "b shape ``@messages", but this only
> matches "b shape circle". Using "b shape `message `;middle; `;last" for
> some reason then also matches the following, which I think it should not:
>
>       b edges
>               moveBehind;
>               connectToAll: [ :v |
>                       v \\ 20 ~~ 0
>                               ifTrue: [ Array with: v + 1 with: v + 20 ]
>                               ifFalse: [ Array with: v + 20 ] ].
>
> There seems not be too much documentation about the pattern language, only
> found tests, some short help description from RB and Yuriy's MatchTool.
> How can I match the node correctly?
>
> Cheers,
> Manuel

The best documentation is at https://refactory.com/rewrite-tool/
What isn't covered, is cascade nodes (`@;messages1), but my first naive
attempt did not work as I expected on your example;
'(b shape `@method: `@keywords)
   @;messages1: `@args'
->
'b shape: [ :x |
   (x `@method: `@keywords)
      @;messages1: `@args ]'

b shape circle
   size: 15;
   color: (Color veryLightGray alpha: 0.4);
   if: [ :value | toBeRed includes: value ] fillColor: Color red
->
   shape: [ :x | x circle size: 15 ];
   shape: [ :x | x circle color: (Color veryLightGray alpha: 0.4) ];
   shape: [ :x | x circle if: [ :value | toBeRed includes: value ]
fillColor: Color red ]