On Tue, Feb 19, 2019 at 01:02:51PM +0000, Tim Mackinnon wrote:
> When you say Fossil - are you referring to
> "https://fossil-scm.org/index.html/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki” ?
> I’ve seen it come up a few times - is it good?

Yes I mean the Fossil SCM. I use it as a personal wiki and file repo. It
comes with built-in ticketing system and forum, all wrapped into one
executable file. Fossil also imports/exports Git repos.

I'd use Fossil for small development teams too. Except for game
development and other cases involving multi-GB repos with lots of binary
blobs.

> can you hook into it to save application runtime artefacts such that a
> distributed application can read them back

Fossil was designed as a standalone executable. It is difficult to
"library-ify" and the developers have no plan to do so. But it is just a
single executable, supports JSON output for some of its functions, and
can be invoked via OSSubprocess and the like, conceptually similar to
how Iceberg uses libgit2 to do Git stuff.

Pierce