Hi!
I would like to make two offers:
First, I know, deciding to be provocative can hurt. I did it int the hope that the released energy will be transformed in something good by the community, so apology for having been loud and insistent.

Second, I felt oblidged to give at least a little thing back (since I use Pharo mostly in spare time). So, hey Linuxers! Whenever I set up a new system, I integrate Pharo Launcher into the desktop environment. I thought, I just built Debian .deb and RPM packages, for convient installation, on multiuser desktops.
https://gitlab.com/mjz/pharo-linux-packages
Maybe you like it. What does it do? installs shell shortcut ( $ pharo ) and application menu item (Gnome, KDE etc), which when called, copy Launcher image and resources into hidden user dir ( /home/USER/.pharolauncher ), if needed, and start Pharo Launcher. Packaged as DEB and RPM for i386 and x86_64. Please always verify binary integrity.