On 5 Mar 2019, at 19:22, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

On Tue, Mar 5, 2019 at 1:42 PM Konrad Hinsen <konrad.hin...@fastmail.net>
wrote:

Hi everyone,

does anyone here have some experience with Fuel?

Its Web site says "It can serialize/materialize not only plain objects
but also classes, traits, methods, closures, contexts, packages,
etc.". So I should be able to serialize a class somehow, right?

But classes are by default treated as global objects, even if they
aren't. The class I want to serialize is created by
newAnonymousSubclass. And yet, Fuel only stores its name in the output
file.

The documentation describes considerGlobal: which does the opposite of what I want. So my question is: how can I tell Fuel *not* to consider a
class as global?

Konrad.

Yes, that's the "default" behavior. To fully serialize classes you need FuelMetalevel packages. This brings a new visitors and mappers to allow you
to fully serialize methods, classes, contexts, etc.
I am sorry but I couldn't remember where the docs about that were. You may
want to at least take a look to the packages and their tests.

I'm afraid we don't really have documentation for meta level. The tests are the best place to look for guidance. But if you have concrete questions, best send them to the fule list.

Max

Best,

--
Mariano