Ciao,

        this morning i started with an image of about 240 MB.

        I have 3 System Browser open ( for a long time ).

        I close all the System Browser and save the image.

        The image size after the save is about 131 MB.

        The new         SpaceTally printSpaceAnalysis           report:

        Class             code space            # instances             inst
space     percent           inst average size
        Array                   4115                            561766
37353480       25.60               66.49
        ByteString          2942                                249761
31313136       21.50              125.37

        The Transcript entry reference basically does not change:

                ByteString allInstances select:[ :i |  i includesSubstring:
'NETWORK' ]

                        where 'NETWORK' is a string used in the methods to add
Transcript entry          Transcript show: ...... NETWORK' ......' .

                The system found         2958    ByteString instances....    (
relative to the NETWORK  )

                The system found        22655   ByteString instances....    (
relative to the CASH  )

        Why are there many references in the system to the ByteString
instances,         created in the methods to report the data in Transcript ?

        Someone to considerations ?

        Thanks,

                Dario