I am on the latest macOS, my 64-bit 7.0.2 image with lots of code
(Bootstrap/Seaside/...) is running fine. I did not fiddle with the fonts, just
switched to Dark look.

I avoid loading any packages that use native code, unless it is very well
proven and/or part of the standard image (IceBerg for example).

I have none of the issues you describe.