Hello

The freeze problem still exist. (since 2017, starting with Pharo 6)
16 April 2019:
Today I have loaded Pharo7.0.3-0-64bit-0903ade.image
with VM
<http://forum.world.st/file/t230630/Screen_Shot_2019-04-16_at_18.png>

On my Mac Mini late 2012, mac OS Mojave 10.14.4 (OS up to date, system 100%)
Monitor:
Samsung U28D590:
  Resolution:   3840 x 2160 (2160p 4K UHD - Ultra High Definition)
  UI Looks like:        3840 x 2160 @ 30 Hz
  Framebuffer Depth:    24-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

  Note that the same freeze as described previously in this thread
still occurs with the latest Squeak version that
 I have downloaded and tried last  week.
So this could be a VM problem? I really don't know.
All I want to do is write applications with stable Smalltalk/Seaside
no desire (and knowledge) enough to dive into the deep
and dark catacombs of the VM world.

what I did:
-opened the pristine image as downloaded today
- in Pharo - settings - appearance:
     changed the general font size to Large.
- opened the system browser.
- clicked the green bullet in the top left corner (maximize)
Pharo hangs/freeze, menus don't work either.
Can only exit using Force Quit.
The last stable version I did use was Pharo 5.0.
The problem is still the same as I have described in this thread in August
2017.
I did use Pharo launcher a few weeks ago  (having the same problem)
but this is not exactly user friendly, saved images where I don't want to.
and "Save as from within the image is not respected"
I prefer to use just a VM and images, thats good enough for me.

Keep it simple.

I'd like to spend more time with Smalltalk, preferably Pharo.
In essence, I do like new developments like enhanced
system browsers and debugging
that might improve Pharo.
But one might be overshooting the target here,
I find rocksolid stability more important,
than adding more features, so, this should be the main priority,
that is, assuming that Pharo should be deployable in a production
environment?
It is marked as "stable" but it isn't, sorry.
A good house needs a good foundation, same with Smalltalk.
But it seems we are living in a culture of nervous deadlines and hasty and
frequent updates,
is it really necessary?

All I want is a one click vm + image, as it was before.
simply download and run it.
Why git btw? Smalltalk has an excellent version system,
by using git there is more dependency impact.

Now I am still using Pharo 5.0, the last (to me) stable version of Pharo.

Kind regards
Ted