Hello all

I have done some experiments, and basically all the questions in my previous
mail can be ignored. I think it is all a question of timing, which I sort of
understand. Perhaps someone can clarify for me.

All my previous tests involved running the whole test suite, to ensure the
set-up and tear-down methods were run. As an experiment, I selected the one
red method and clicked 'Run Tests'. After about 10 seconds, a halt appeared
with the message 'Test took too long'. When I clicked 'Proceed', the green
appeared almost immediately. I tried again several times with similar
results, although the halt occurred at different places in the code. I went
back to my old P6 version and tried running tests on the one method; each
time, it ran to green in about 11-12 seconds.

So back now to the P7 version; wondered if there is now a setting for
permitted test duration. Eventually found it under 'System', default 10
secs. Changed to 15 secs, re-run red test, now comes up green. Re-run whole
test suite, all green.

So it all comes down to my ignorance of test settings. But Pharo is less
than helpful; if you run the whole test suite, there is no way to
distinguish a test which failed due to a wrong assertion from one which was
terminated for taking too long - or did I miss something?

Peter Kenny