TedVanGaalen wrote
> I am only suggesting that Pharo should be downward compatible
> (that is, within Pharo's scope only).

I agree that this is a worthy ideal, but IMHO is not realistic with the
current resources (time and staff). All that additional code would have to
be maintained. In the worst case, entire subsystems would have to remain in
the image - we changed to Calypso browser but Nautilus would still have to
lurk around in case someone hooked in. For limited cases, there could be a
compatibility layer, but again, we are struggling to implement our top
priority dreams, and don't have the luxury of extra resources available for
worthy but lower-priority things like this. Of course anyone - or group -
for which this is a higher priority, could do just that. It would be like
Grease, but for Ph2Ph I guess...

-----
Cheers,
Sean