Hi Erik,

I have published my first demo of a new type of webapplication based on a
tiny Smalltalk image running in the browser, acting as the JS-engine. Create
a dynamic application using Smalltalk only, with the direct manipulation
you're familiar with from Smalltalk. And ...(in the near future)... with the
same debugging capabilities. Still work in progress, but hopefully providing
an idea of what's in store.

That demo looks very interesting! If I understand your architecture correctly, you have a minimal image run in the browser, presumably using a virtual machine written in JavaScript. The in-browser Smalltalk talks to a server written in Pharo, which is the development environment for Web applications. That all looks good.

What isn't clear to me is the autonomy of the in-browser system. Do you need the Pharo server only for development, or also for deployment of the final Web application?

Konrad.