Hi,

Your document is definitely out of date!  The current version of PBE for
version 5, 6, and 7 can be found here:
https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/UpdatedPharoByExample/releases

If you're using Pharo 8 or 9, you'll want the updated version, PBE8, which
can be found here:
https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/PharoByExample80/releases

Yes, you can FileOut and FileIn.  If you right-click on an item in the
System Browser (which was 'Nautilus' until version 7, when it was replaced
with 'Calypso'), the last fly-out menu has 'FileOut' listed.  (I think you
need to send a message in the Playground to use 'FileIn'; I'm not sure, as,
like most, I don't use it.)

Note that you can no longer (or "shouldn't") use SmalltalkHub; it's
deprecated, and if it's not already locked for modifications, it will be
shortly.  (Then it becomes read-only until late in the year, when the site
will be shut down.)

So you *should* use GitHub.  Since version 7, it's the default repository
for Pharo code.  There is now a native Git client in Pharo called "Iceberg".
It works with GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket, local git repos, and remote git
repos.  You can create git repos, commit/push/pull, submit PRs, etc. from
Iceberg while remaining in the Pharo IDE.

You can read more about Iceberg and managing code here:
https://github.com/SquareBracketAssociates/Booklet-ManagingCode/releases

Have fun!
-Ted