I think we could also use the GeoJSON package?
I did a little example with the package from the zweidenker repository

Metacello new
    baseline: 'GeoJSON';
    repository: 'github://zweidenker/GeoJSON';
    load.

and use it like this:

| url file |
url :=
'https://github.com/mgaitan/departamentos_argentina/raw/master/departamentos-argentina.json'.
ZnClient new
        systemPolicy;
        url: url;
        numberOfRetries: 2;
        maximumEntitySize: 1024 * 1024 * 1024;
        signalProgress: true;
        contentReader: [ : entity | GeoJSONReader fromString: entity contents ];
        get.

And the coordinates can be obtained using:

self features anyOne geometry coordinates

But is this useful for CORMAS?

Cheers,

Hernán