> [...]
> Into this model I want to morph the classes for LineStrings, LinearRings,
> Polygons etc. from GeoJSON and KML to have a common foundation for the basic
> geo shapes lines, multi-lines, closed multi-lines (=polygons) etc.
>
> - As GGPoint is distinct to Point this is just the context where you use it.
> The Geography package should be a companion to the Geometry package [4] which
> I forked from TelescopeSt to make it a community package which is good for
> this plan but also for roassal which uses the Geometry package. To me the
> geoX model should be switched between Geometry and Geography regarding to the
> context you want to work in being planar or spherical.
>
> - In my tools that I build this model classes have also gt-inspector
> extension so the shapes can be viewed just by inspecting them. I'm fighting
> with the roassal team to make it possible for geo coordinates which conflicts
> at the moment with their defined thresholds. But with the factoring the
> shapes into Geography I will move those extension to the Geography package as
> well
>
> - I also implemented a polygon intersection algorithm (Weiler and Atherton)
> which I will then incorporate in any of the GeoX packages
>

> You have done a lot of work. And we add all the work done by Hernan on
> supporting ESRI shapefiles, we have already a good start.
>
> Etienne also mention the OpenGIS model in this issue:
> https://github.com/cormas/cormas/issues/139
> <https://github.com/cormas/cormas/issues/139>
>
> From what I understood, OpenGIS model crosscut many points of the Geography
> package:
> http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=25355
> <http://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=25355>
>
> So these are the pieces that are there. The plan in text is:
>
> - Have a incarnation of a "point" and make that switch context from planar to
> spherical
> - Use planar treatment with the Geometry package (intersections etc.)
> - Use this "point" to generate shapes either geometric or geographic
> - Be able to read and write in common formats like GeoJSON and KML
> - Make shapes be composable and inspectable with the existing tools
>
> I think GIS needs more but what we have is more than just a start. The
> projection system with the current code is WGS84 for sure. If there are other
> needs we need to think about this early.
>
> For everything else I'm open ears. Even for the idea of having a pharo-gis
> github project to collect those things to a common place. But I like to
> discuss GIS and not if it makes sense to have a all of these github repos.
>
> We can try to do an online meeting to discuss about that with Etienne and
> other people interested by this topic.
> We are mostly interested to have GIS support on CORMAS, so having a common
> repository will definitively help us.
> At the moment we are using Roassal2 for CORMAS visualisatin and we are moving

Good idea! I just created the Geography package because I felt the need for it.
But if there is something better I would like to use this instead. I'm
generally available the best at wednesdays and thursdays. Next week is already
stuffed but if you propose some DateAndTimes I'm sure we find a match. Which
timezone are you in at the moment?

Norbert