Esteban is on vacation and I’m not sure that he is reading emails.
Now can you check the path that is used by the FFI call and put your path?
may be look at ffiLibrary and ffiLibrary:
I do not have an image with Mars at hand.

Stef
> On 22 Jul 2020, at 11:11, kmo <vox...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks for the suggestion but everything is 64 bit.
>
> I added this problem to the mars github issues list (there's an existing
> issue for linux problems) and Esteban is now looking at it, so we're getting
> somewhere.
>
> The problem was I had no libgit-3.so in the folder only a libgit.so.0.
>
> Unfortunately adding a symbolic link hasn't solved my problems. I now get a
> VM crash. I've reported this along with the crash dump.
>
> I'm sure it will be sorted eventually but I've been trying to get mars to
> run on ubuntu since May - so progress is slow.

I’m sorry for this.

Stéphane Ducasse
http://stephane.ducasse.free.fr / http://www.pharo.org
03 59 35 87 52