Sven and everyone else, these are good, pragmatic suggestions. But, the lack of
understanding is surely frustrating for David (and for me watching from the
sidelines).

Can anyone explain why the Windows experience is so radically different from
everything else? (Ok, I admit that Windows is a horrible p.o.s. But, it's not
some non-human language that cannot be understood. (Ok. Maybe it is.))