Hi

using the P3 Postgres driver

what is the optimised way of using the following in a seaside/web
application
  statement := client prepare: ...
  statement execute:
  statement close.

Sven readme on the drivers page
"prepared statements ... need to be closed, prepared statement exist ...
single session / connection ..."

Typically in a desktop app I would fire the "prepare" statements(s) once
when open the particular UI / window (say typically 2 or 3 statements in a
UI) and then "close" when I exit

How does this work in a multi-tabbed browser app
lets say I open a tab with a particular UI and fire the "prepare" statement

now what if the tab idles for too long - and then i press send/save. The
program would have just fired the "execute ..." assuming the prepare is
active. would the prepare / session have been automatically closed ?

- when should i typically fire the prepare statement
- how should i test if the session / prepare is still active or needs to be
refired
- how are orphan prepare statements disposed off ny the database / program

thanks for pointers
Sanjay

-----
cheers,