Yes, pharo is the script that starts the headless VM without the IDE
(pharo-ui is the script that starts the headless VM with the IDE).
Pharo.image is the default Pharo 9 image - obviously you can use your own
tailored image.

I downloaded the headless VM and the latest Pharo like this -

curl https://get.pharo.org/64/90+vmHeadlessLatest | bash

This installed everything into a folder. i opened a terminal on the folder
and issued the command line

I'm on Linux - not sure how this all works on Windows or Mac.

By the way - I could not get this to work from Pharo Launcher - perhaps
because I was using an older Pharo 9 - but despite editing the configuration
in the Pharo Launcher nothing worked.

Hope this helps.