On Mon, Dec 27, 2021 at 2:44 AM Robert Briggs via Pharo-users <
pharo-users@lists.pharo.org> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I define temporary variables in a method, e.g. |e r |, e.g. in a unit
> test, but when I run the test Pharo automatically replaces these with |
> tmp1 tmp2 |.
>
> A similar thing happens with method arguments.  For example methodName:
> aString at: anInteger will become methodName: arg1 at: arg2.

Hi Robert, this kind of thing typically happens when the method source is
"unavailable". In many Smalltalk implementations, you have *.sources and
*.changes files to go along with the image file. There may be a problem
with these files in your installation. Missing, not readable, corrupted,
... who knows what.

In my Windows environment, the Launcher has put my images in
C:\Users\myuserid\Documents\Pharo\images\. For example, I have a Pharo 9.0
- 64bit (stable) directory there with a number of files, including my
*.image, *. sources, and *.changes files for that "project".

Curiously, the image and changes files have the same basename, which
matches the directory. The sources file has a slightly different name.